Make Nastar Without An Oven – Pondan.com – Ramadan is the month of change. Not only in terms of religion, but this time is also fit for trying new things, especially something you’ve wanted to do for a long time, such as baking nastar cookies for Lebaran. You even have a month to practice. Don’t have an oven at home? Don’t worry, you can still make nastar cookies even without an oven. Just follow these tips.
Make Nastar Without An Oven first Make pineapple jam and nastar dough as usual
To make no-bake nastar cookies, the recipe for pineapple jam and nastar dough doesn’t change at all. The steps are still the same. First, make the pineapple jam followed by nastar dough.
- Cook 1 ripe and grated pineapple with 125 grams of sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 5 cloves, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder in a pan on low heat.
- Cook until it turns into jam. Chill.
- Whisk 50 grams of sugar, 200 grams of butter, until well blended.
- Add 2 egg yolks and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, stirring until blended.
- Add 340 grams of flour and 1 tbsp of cornstarch little by little. Mix until well incorporated and the dough forms like sand. Let it sit 15 minutes.
- Take a little dough, shape into a ball and flatten.
- Fill the flattened dough with pineapple jam, then cover it into a ball shape again.
after that for Make Nastar Without An Oven is ‘Bake’ nastar in the steam pan
Instead of being placed on a baking sheet and baked in the oven, the nastar ‘bakes’ in a pan that’s commonly used for steaming. The steps are not complicated, really.
- Prepare the steam pan
- Cover the steamer that’s shaped like a strainer with butter
- Arrange the dough in the steamer
- You don’t need to add any water because eventually it will steam. Alternatively, sprinkle 1 tbsp salt to the bottom of the pan.
- Use low heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the cookies and chill.
Apply caramel sauce
Make Nastar Without An Oven is not only known for its pineapple filling, but also its golden yellow surface. Since it is not baked, nastar cookies are glazed with a caramel sauce once it’s cooked.
To make caramel sauce, heat sugar, brown sugar, with enough water in the pan. Stir occasionally until it turns into caramel. Then by using a pastry brush, glaze the cookies with caramel sauce. No-bake nastar cookies are now ready to serve.
Well, that’s how to make nastar cookies without an oven. It’s easy, isn’t it? Just as easy as Fruit Jam Cookies Mix from Pondan. It make the process of making cookies more practical and certainly delicious. In addition to nastar, Pondan also provides ready-made flour for other cookies, such as kastengel. Baking cookies has never been this fun!