pondan.com – Bika Ambon is a cake that has a unique characteristic, which is bright yellow and nest-shaped. Find Bika ambon, made from starch mixed with coconut milk, sugar and eggs.
The Origins of Bika Ambon
If you think Bika Ambon is from Ambon, you are not alone. This is because the name Bika Ambon misleads many people. So why is this typical Medan cake called Bika Ambon?
Bika Ambon comes from two words, namely Bika and Ambon. The word Bika is said to refer to the typical Malay dish Bingkaa or Bikaa. This cake also underwent a modification process by adding fruit juice to become Bika Ambon.
What are the ingredients needed to make Bika Ambon from Pondan premix flour as follows.
- 1 pack of Pondan Bika Ambon 400 gr
- 6 eggs
- 12 g instant yeast (in packet)
- 50 ml of water
- 300 ml of cooked thick coconut milk
- Grate lime peel (to taste)
- You put instant yeast in 50 ml of water, mix and let it sit.
- Beat the eggs very quickly for 8 minutes until fluffy.
- Add Pondan Bika Ambon flour and yeast that has been dissolved into the egg mixture, then mix well with your hands.
- Add grated lemon zest (take the yellow part)
- Add thick coconut milk and margarine, stir until smooth and let stand for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Grease the mold with vegetable oil and heat over low heat for 10 minutes.
- You put the dough into the hot form, wait for the surface to settle and then turn it over until golden brown.
- Place the cake on a serving plate, garnish with mandarin orange slices, cherries and mint leaves.
Well, this delicious and legal Bika Ambon can also be sprinkled with walnuts on top of the Bika Ambon cake filling when the cake is almost done.
For those of you who want to make Bika Ambon you can buy it at the nearest minimarket, the price is also affordable and very suitable to make when relaxing with family.