pondan.com – Blackforest is quite a favorite cake served for birthday cakes or other celebrations. You can also make your own blackforest cake at home, without having to buy it at a cake shop. Especially with the Pondan Blackforest Cake Mix which makes it easy to make this cake. Here are the raw materials and the method of making it, guaranteed that this recipe is easy and delicious it tastes.
Raw material :
- 2 ⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon of baking soda
- teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (20 ounce) cans of pitted sour cherries
- 1 cup white sugar
- cup of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups heavy whipped cream
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
How to create :
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans; underline with parchment paper. Place a medium bowl in the fridge to cool it down.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat until combined. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool the layers in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a paring knife around the edges to loosen and carefully turn onto a rack to cool completely, 1 to 2 hours.
- While the cake layers are baking, drain the cherries for sprinkling, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine juice, cherries, sugar and cornstarch in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Transfer to the fridge to cool completely before assembling the cake.
- Mix the whipped cream and sugar in a cool, medium bowl. Beat using a mixer on high speed until thickened.
- Separate each layer of cake in half horizontally using a long serrated knife. Tear one layer into crumbs; set aside. Gently brush off any loose crumbs from the top and sides of the remaining layer using a pastry brush or your hands. Reserve 1 1/2 cups frosting for piping on cakes; set aside.
- To assemble, place one layer of cake on a cake plate. Spread with 1 cup frosting; Top with 3/4 cup cherry topping. Top with second cake layer; repeat layers of frosting and cherry topping. Sprinkle with the third cake layer and the frosted side of the cake.
- Patter the reserved cookie crumbs to the side of the cake. Spoon ordering 1 1/2 cups frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a star decorator tip. Pipe around the top and bottom edges of the cake. Spoon the remaining cherry topping over the cake.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.