pondan.com – Good afternoon, my dear! Oma has some good news for you. One of Oma’s favorite grandchildren, Drg. Nadia Widjaja, has just come up with a tasty new recipe of Jumbo Putu Ayu by using Pondan Sponge Cake Mix Pandan. Here, let Oma share the recipe for Cucu, so that you can try yourself at home.
- 1 pouch of Pondan Sponge Cake Mix Pandan (200 gr)
- 3 eggs
- 75 grams of melted margarine
- 200 gr grated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- ¼ tsp of salt
- Baking sheet
- Steam pot
- First, mix 200 grams of grated coconut with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and salt to taste. Stir well.
- After the ingredients are well blended, steam the grated coconut topping mixture in a heated steamer pan.
- Then, grease the cake pan with oil evenly. After that, put the steamed grated coconut into the baking sheet. Press evenly, then set aside.
- To make the cake mixture, break 3 eggs into a large bowl, then beat with a high-speed mixer for 2 minutes.
- Then, pour 1 pouch of Pondan Sponge Cake Mix Pandan into the bowl.
- Beat the mixture with a high-speed mixer for 6-7 minutes until fluffy.
- Pour 75 grams of melted butter into the mixture. Mix well with a spatula.
- Once well blended, pour the sponge cake mixture into the baking sheet.
- Then, bake the sponge cake in the oven over medium heat (200 °C) for about 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the cake from the oven. Then, serve the Putu Ayu cake on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with grated coconut, and Putu Ayu Jumbo Pondan by Drg. Nadia is ready to be enjoyed!
Come come, let’s try this recipe at home! If done, keep in mind to tell Oma at Instagram @kreaasipondanid and @pondan.unifood, so that Oma can also taste and repost Cucu’s best recipe!